Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WOW: The Gardner S.A. Bodeen

Author: S.A. Bodeen
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: May 25th, 2010
Pages: 240
Bio: Fifteen-year-old Mason has never known his father, but longs to. All he has of him is a DVD of a man whose face is never seen, reading a children's book. One day, on a whim, he plays the DVD for a group of comatose teens at the nursing home where his mother works. One of them, a beautiful girl, responds...

I don't know, this sounds so interesting. I saw this on a few peoples Waiting on Wednesdays last week and was immediately drawn by the cover & bio. The bio & cover tag line also seem very different then most books I see out there today :) It makes me curious. I would never have found this if it wasn't for some bloggers. Even though I'm itching to read this book, I'm sad to report that will have to wait a few more months. Since it isn't release till May.
Also this is off topic but thanks to everyone who wished me luck on my finals, I really appreciate it XD

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created by Jill @ Breaking The Spines

Yours Truly,


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the look of this one! Awesome pick!

Anonymous said...

I agree - the look and sound of it is different. I must watch out for it~

Lauren said...

This does sound amazing. I've only heard about it recently by I loved the last book I read by this author so I'm pretty excited about this one.

Unknown said...

Intriguing. I'm not convinced but more fascinated.

J. said...

The cover is nice, I don't know what to think about the rest. I would have to read it to say something more.

Test said...

It's look awesome! Great pick. :)

Pam, an editor said...

I just received this one in the mail yesterday. I sat down to just read the back cover and ended up reading the whole thing!

I haven't done a review yet, but can say that this is a solid read for the 12-and-Up group (middle-graders). Mystery, adventure, with a sci-fi back backdrop. Fun.

Love the meme, btw.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design