Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WOW: -Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created by Jill @ Breaking The Spines


Finnikin of the Rock By Melina Marchetta

Author: Melina Marchetta
Publisher: Candlewick
Release Date: February 9th, 2010
Bio: Finnikin was only a child during the five days of the unspeakable, when the royal family of Lumatere were brutally murdered, and an imposter seized the throne. Now a curse binds all who remain inside Lumatere’s walls, and those who escaped roam the surrounding lands as exiles, persecuted and despairing, dying by the thousands in fever camps. In a narrative crackling with the tension of an imminent storm, Finnikin, now on the cusp of manhood, is compelled to join forces with an arrogant and enigmatic young novice named Evanjalin, who claims that her dark dreams will lead the exiles to a surviving royal child and a way to pierce the cursed barrier and regain the land of Lumatere. But Evanjalin’s unpredictable behavior suggests that she is not what she seems — and the startling truth will test Finnikin’s faith not only in her, but in all he knows to be true about himself and his destiny.

The Bio really sucked me in, and I want to know more about Evanjalin :) She sounds very intriguing sort of character!! I also couldn't help but notice that Kristin Cashore commented about this book:
"The world of this book is dark and beautiful and utterly believable; and, as I’ve come to expect of Marchetta’s work, the characters are wonderfully complex. Here is an author who writes fantasy as well as
she writes realism — and in the case of Melina Marchetta, that’s high
praise, indeed!" — Kristin Cashore, author of GRACELING and FIRE
With a comment like that, it makes me more excited to read this book.

17 comments:

Lara said...

Aw its a shame you have to wait until Februrary for this one, its been out for quite a while in Australia I think.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks so good! I haven't heard of this one before :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

This sounds great, and I LOVE that cover! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Trollololol said...

:)
It is a great book!

I reviewed it yesterday! It came out in Australia back in 2008 with that beautiful cover.

brizmus said...

Whoa, I feel like saying WOW! This looks AWESOME!

IanIan said...

Well I have just read a review about this book (it's here: http://reversingthemonotony.blogspot.com/ ) so I want this book,too :)) Quite badly :D It got an awesome cover :D

Manga Maniac said...

Your pick looks awesome!

Unknown said...

This book sounds really good. Great pick!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

This cover is stunning! I can't wait for this :)

Alyssa Kirk said...

I'm definitely looking forward to this one too. I'd also take a poster of that cover. Awesome!

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing. What a great find! Thanks!

Shweta said...

Awesome cover and a very intresting summary..

Nina said...

Awesome! Now I have to add this on my list! :)

NerdyMe said...

I came here from Jill's waiting on Wednesday post, it's interesting to see how everybody has an upcoming new release that they want to read, and every body is so different. I don't have any now and I won't have any in 2010 because I have bought too many books in the past and I haven't caught up with my reading. I started my blog because I wanted to start documenting all the books that I bought and they are sitting in my house suffocating me.... I am slowly documenting them in the wish list section of my blog, so I can look at it and be reminded everyday that I have all these books lying in my shelf, underneath my bed, in my closet, on my dining table and kitchen counter that I had not even opened....I think I must have obsessive book buying behavior...

YA Book Queen said...

Definitely! I'm so excited for this one!! :)

Test said...

I'm looking forward to reading this too! Even more so now that I've seen the lovely quote Kristin gave it. :)

kanishk said...

its been out for quite a while in Australia I think.

Work from home India

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design