Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Deadly Little Secret By Laurie Faria Stolarz Review #37

Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Pages: 272
Rating:
Some secrets shouldn't be kept... Until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades, an okay relationship with her parents, and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when a mysterious boy named Ben starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary. Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe he's trouble, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. Instead, she's inexplicably drawn to Ben.and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help-but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

This book will send me to the Bookaholic group because it's so addicting. I could not put it down! I needed to find out the answers, I need to figure out the mystery. I needed to figure out who was stalking Camelia! And when it was time for bed and I was still not finished it, it crept into my dreams. I seriously could not figure it out and when I thought I did, my conclusions were trampled on by other facts. The author did an amazing job at hiding who the antagonist was (with having like 5 or 6 guys who could be it) and the things the stalker will really disturb you. One of the the most interesting aspects about the book, is that there are a few chapters from the stalker's POV. They're kind of like journal entries, and his mind is really twisted when you read them. At first they seem normal, and then they just sort of creep you out. This book is fast pasted (I was able to read it in 2 days) and will certainly leaving you wanting more. The ending was sort of sad, and made me feel that way. It also will make you keep thinking about it afterwords, it just won't let you go. Also this is one of those books that doesn't have supernatural sort of beings in it, but one of the characters has a special ability that is really realistic and I can imagine someone having. I couldn't really think of anything that I disliked about this book. Something I thought could of been developed was the romance between Ben & Camelia. It was a bit rushed and had a unrealistic feeling to it.
This book is great!! What you think you know, you don't!!! I'm so excited to read, Deadly Little Lies (the sequel).


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome review, I LOVED this series! :) I hope you love Lies too!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an enthusiastic recommendation. I'm not sure I want to read it though. I have nightmares easily. I had a dream I was trying to escape witness protection last week after reading When I Was Joe. Great review.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

What a great review! This is still on my TBR pile :)

Patricia said...

I loved this book. I agreed. Great review!

Alyssa Kirk said...

I've got this one on my shelf and now I'm dying to read it!

Test said...

Great review! I simply adore this series! Also, I hope you enjoy Deadly Little Lies too because it's fantastic. :)

Shweta said...

Yet another book to add to my list. great review..

D Swizzle said...

Glad you enjoyed!

kanishk said...

I was trying to escape witness protection last week after reading When I Was Joe. Great review

Work from home India

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design