Monday, January 4, 2010

Movie Cast Monday: The Dark Divine


Want to join in the fun? Anyone can play! Here are the guidelines:

1) Create your own cast for an upcoming book-to-movie adaptation OR pick a book you'd like to see be turned into a movie and choose a cast.
2) Post the book title, author, and summary.
3) Try to pick at least 3 of the main characters to cast.
4) Grab the button please!
5) Come back and link to this post so everyone can check it out!


This week's pick is...

The Dark Divine By Bree Despain



Portia Doubleday as Grace Divine
I think that she looks almost how I imagine her. Of course she would have to dye her hair. But this is sort of the picture I got.

Nicholas Hoult as Jude Divine
This was probably the 2nd hardest to cast, with the first being Daniel. I pictured Jude with long hair and no actor can possibly live up to my imagine, but I thought if they adapted it he would be a good choice :)

Or

William Moseley or Dylan Patton as Daniel

William looks like a good math or Dyan. I say Dyan a bit more *and as a child actor he had blond hair*, though I think I would want to see William play the part more. I don't know, Daniel is Daniel no book adaptions will do him justice :) Every reader has her own image of the character and when books are adapted it kind of hard to watch, sometimes.


Anyways till tomorrow,


6 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Ohh, nice picks! I can definitely imagine Portia as Grace; her eyes are perfect! :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Portia is perfect for Grace...beautiful eyes!

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Good choices! The actors I always think of for Jude and Daniel are already too old. I like these younger suggestions. Especially like the Daniels!

Alyssa Kirk said...

I just finished this book and enjoyed it. Fun picks on your characters!

Natalie said...

Haven't read this book yet, but I love William Moseley and Nicholas Hoult. Your picks make me all that more excited to read the book! Thanks for participating this week! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I haven't read this but I like the people you picked anyway. Probably Nicholaus Hault the best b/c I love him. Brill actor.

-Lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design