Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain Review #72

Author: Bree Despain
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Pages: 404
Source: Chapters
Available: Now
First Line: "Do what he wants, and you might survive,' a harsh voice said into the boy's ear before he felt a sharp blow to the kidneys."
Rating:5/5

The non-stop sequel to The Dark Divine delivers an even hotter romance and more thrilling action than Bree Despain's first novel. Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She gave her soul to the wolf to save him and lost her beloved mother. When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do. She must become a Hound of Heaven. Desparate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot - a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero. But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel begins to crumble. Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace becomes prideful in her new abilities - not realizing that an old enemy has returned and deadly trap is about to be sprung. Readers, raveous for more Grace and Daniel, will be itching to sink their teeth into The Lost Saint.

This is a sequel that surpassed it's predecessor. I don't know if I've ever credited Ms. Despain for this but she dead on with dialogue and interpreting teenagers.

I loved the sequel more then the first one. The Lost Saint has everything The Dark Divine has but more. New Characters, more action and a riskier Grace Divine.

Grace will do anything to find her brother, even if it means unleashing the demon inside. You really felt Grace's pain, confusion and her misunderstanding of being unwanted. Even though everyone around her was trying to protect her, she translate it differently. She feels unwanted, unspecial. And like a lot of people would do she find someone who cares for her and will make her feel special and that person is Talbot. Talbot makes Grace feel good about herself but at the same time is unleashing what everyone around her has been trying to protect.

The Lost Saint, though a adventure packed book, is a bit predictable in areas and plot twisty in others. As a reader I always felt one step ahead of Grace, and sometimes I wondered how she didn't realize that when I did so simply. Other bits of this novel were confusing. I really wished the author would have put more back info in the novel. It's been a year since I read the first book and the whole Gabriel thing escaped me.

All the new and old characters are fun to read about. The book ends in a cliffhanger and if your like me then you'll be dying for more. I enjoyed reading The Lost Saint and am glad I picked it up.
Yours Truly,

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Thanks for the review! I thought The Dark Divine was ok, but I didn't love it. I'll have to give it a shot now that I know it's a good read.

Natalie said...

I had a lot of issues with The Dark Divine, but I also think that Bree Despain has a lot of talent, so I'm definitely going to be giving the sequel a shot. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nina said...

I loved the Dark Divine, seriousley, ADORED it. I cannot wait to read this book. Sorry to hear that it was a bit predictable, but glad to hear its adventure packed!! Great review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design