Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011 !!!! Best Books of 2010!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!
Currently in Canada it's 2011 and is New Years Day. Right now, as I write this, it's 4:30A.M. I must sleep soon, ASAP really. But before I do that I want to wish and welcome everyone to a new year. I know this year of book blogging will be just as fun as 2010's. Maybe even more fun. I'm looking forward to reading many new books by both debut and old favorite YA authors. The line up of new books this year seems awesome and exciting. It will truly be a great year XD

I apologize to everyone for my lack of posts. I spent most of 2010 with my family and host sister. I was very distracted with showing my host sister Canada. But now she has return to Japan and I'm free to run my book blog again :) I'm making a promise to myself to post a post every day. I hope I can accomplish this. I also wish to have read 12 debut authors books by August 2011.

Sadly I will be shutting down my blog from August 2011 to August 2012 as I will be away for a year on a exchange program. But lets not go that far yet.

Before I move on to 2011, I like to share with you my favorite 3 books of 2010.

1


Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Pages: 476
Available: Now
Source: Chapters
Rating: 5 stars

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

I LOVED Clockwork Angels. It was absolutely brilliant. It's the sort of book the em blazes itself in your mind. I read this in September and still every chapter is burned into my mind. I'm so ecstatic for the sequel.

2
Author: Jenna Black
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 304
Available: Now
Source: Chapters
Rating: 5 stars

It’s all she’s ever wanted to be, but it couldn’t be further from her grasp…

Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides she’s had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn’t just an ordinary teenage girl—she’s a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie.

Soon, Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone’s trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she’ll never have a chance with… until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn’t sure where she’ll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again…


Honestly I don't know what to say about Jenna's Black Young Adult Debut. It was freakin fabulous. I loved everyone moment of it. I'm very excited for it's sequel which comes out this Tuesday :)

3


Author: Kirsten Miller
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages:411
Available: Now
Source: Chapters
Rating: 5 stars
Haven Moore cannot control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother's house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.

In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves, before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

This was a book that many people had mixed reviews on. I was one of the: "I absolutely love this book" side. For some odd reason the idea of reincarnation and the devil make a good storyline. I didn't find this book boring and would recommend it to anyone for a read.


I hope you enjoyed hearing what my favorites of 2010 are. And I can't wait to see how 2011 turns out :)
Yours Truly,

4 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2011!

Funnily enough, I've just reviewed Clockwork Angel and totally loved it! :)

Nina said...

Happy New Year!!! Three books I have to read. I already got Glimmgerglass, but need to order the other two very soon. :)

Erica said...

I read The Eternal Ones but have yet to read the other two :) I'm very excited for those 2 though!

Test said...

Great picks! I loved The Eternal Ones as well, and while I haven't read Glimmerglass, I really want to read to now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design