Monday, January 17, 2011

Author Interview: Rebecca Maizel

Today I'm so lucky to have a chance to interview Rebecca Maizel here at my blog. She is author of Infinite Days and Stolen Nights, which is part of Vampire Queen Series. Stolen Nights will be released on June 22nd, 2011. And Infinite Days is available now, here's the bio for it:

“Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one.”

Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode.
But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

1. Lenah is a very tormented character. She's been through a lot from her being turned into a vampire to surviving every day life as a human. But through out it all she stays a strong female character with a complicated background story. How were you able to write such a character down from what you imagined? And were their any strong, independent females that inspired Lenah??
Rebecca:Well, I think when you write about a character, you have to know their desire. You have to know what it is they want or need more than anything else in the world. Lenah is inspired from her voice and need. I just wanted her, more than anything, to show the world that she could solve her problems on her own.

2. Lenah is very multicultural in terms of languages. She knows many and in the book it seems her favorite two are Japanese and Latin. What's the story behind her learning Japanese?? And do you speak any Japanese??
Rebecca:I don't speak Japanese! I wish I did. Lenah can speak so many languages because of her age. She learned Japanese in her many travels throughout the world. Remember, there is no time to vampires, or sleep, so she can learn whatever she wants when she wants.
3. Do you have a favorite Classic Novel? If so what's your all time favorite??
Rebecca:Hmm. That's a tough question. My favorite classic is probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I never seem to tire of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy.
4. I love to write and would one day love to be a inspiring author. Any tips??
Rebecca:Keep writing. Don't stop. Write the best possible book you can. And the most important piece of advice: take criticism on your works in progress and take it well. It will make you a better writer.
5. Can you tell us anything about Stolen Nights?? Or any other projects you've been working on??
Rebecca:I can reveal nothing about Stolen Nights! Only that it's the second book of the Vampire Queen trilogy and you'll see a lot more of Rhode! I am also working on a realistic novel which I am hoping to finish up in the next couple weeks.

I want to Thank Rebecca Maizel so much for letting me interview her :) Be on the look for Stolen Nights and for more information go here:


Infinite Days

4 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Great interview. Infinite Days was a fun book. I love how Maizel wasn't afraid to go dark - the violence of vampiric nature was never downplayed. It made the book very interesting.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

OK just the mention of Rhode has me waiting on edge

Ladytink_534 said...

Great interview! I plan on reading Infinite Days sometime very soon.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

new follower! love the blog and im excited to read more! i've never heard of this series! i need to read it!!

follow me?!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design