Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Silver Blade Contest

Author: Sally Gardner
Publisher: Dial; 1 edition
Pages: 368
Summary: A stirring tale of magic and revolution- fans of The Red Necklace won't want to miss it.The year is 1794. With his beloved Sido safely in England and the Reign of Terror at its height, mysterious Yann returns to revolutionary France to smuggle out aristocratic refugees who will otherwise face the guillotine. But while the two are apart, YannÂ’s Gypsy origins prejudice SidoÂ’s guardian against their marriage, thwarting their longed-for reunion. When Sido is kidnapped under strange circumstances, however, Yann must use all his strength and courage to outwit the evil Count Kalliovski, rescue Sido, and help save all of France.

As she did in The Red Necklace and the award-winning I, Coriander, Sally Gardner spins an epic tale that combines a vivid sense of history, characters full of Dickensian drama and fascination, and a sizzling adventure with touches of magic and romance.


So if you don't already know, one of my favorite books is The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner. Which just recently has been licensed to be made into a movie. The Silver Blade is it's sequel. If you want you can read the review here!
I do recommend anyone who wants to read this series, to read the first book first.

Anyways seeing as it's New Years & Christmas Holiday, what better way to celebrate then receiving a gift. So this is one of my gifts to one, lucky, winner. This contest is international. It will be open til, January 17th,2010.

Stay tuned, for later today I will be having a second contest. The next book is more well known and I know many people have it on there wish list. Also in about two weeks from now, I will have a Third Contest. That contest I will be giving away a book that I really,really love and I know that it's been getting positive feedback from the book blogging community.

So anyways, fill out the form and Good Luck :)





10 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

what a brilliant giveaway...and a happy new year to you!

Kirthi said...

I never knew a sequel came out! I can't wait for the movie!

Natalie said...

Like Kirthi, I never knew there was a sequel! Thanks for hosting the giveaway, and happy new year!

rem said...

great contest!!!

Spav said...

I've never heard of this book, but it looks interesting.

Thuy said...

How cool..never knew there was a sequel. I loved The Red Necklace! I also really enjoyed her other book, I, Coriander, as well.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the contest!

Precious said...

Awesome! Thanks for making this international!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the first book yet but I wouldn't mind bagging this book (what can I say? I'm optimistic. *wink*) Thanks for the giveaway, Maura! Blogged about this. ^_^

brizmus said...

yay for all of your fun contests! I've really been wanting to read these books! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design