Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - All My Current Reads

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
---
So seeing as I'm currently reading 5 books, I decided to only give you a teaser of 3 that I'm reading. I'm not giving you a teaser of Shadowland by Alyson noel & Mieradome by Kate Hegarty. So anyways, please enjoy :)
---

Hold Still By Nina Lacour

"I hear Katie saying, all importantly, 'Henry's mom is the real estate agent who was the house they bought, and she told Henry that the family was nice but just not the kind of people who belong in our community.' 'I heard she's a lesbian,' Meghan says. To judge by her tone, she might as well be saying, I hear she digs garbage from trash cans and eats it. (From Page.35)





The Dark Divine By Bree Despain

"I wouldn't have known what it felt like to be wanted and then get ripped out of the only warm, loving place I'd ever had. Things would have gone on like in the past, and my own mother wouldn't have had to choose between that monster and me." (On Page.240)



Cat Royal: Cat O' Nine Tails By Julia Golding


"Damn and blast him! It took only a few turns for me to realize that he was good --- too good. He had an instinctive grace so there was nothing to mock. Dancing as well as elocution lessons -- he was doing the gentleman thing properly." (On Page.37)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great teasers. You're really reading some great book!

Nise' said...

Great teases. I have the first book in the Cat series on my stack.

Lisa said...

great ones

here's mine

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design