Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Reckoning By Kelley Armstrong Review #56

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publisher: Doubleday Canada
Pages: 399
Available: Now
Thanks To: Jessica @ Random House Canada
Rating:

Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I'm on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We're hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We'll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we'd left behind and take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

The end has finally come...or the end of this trilogy anyway. If you didn't know, Kelley Armstrong is doing another trilogy based off the same story line but different characters. This is a book that you will find yourself slowly reading. You'll want to savor each chapter, because in honesty this series is awesome. After reading this book, your thoughts will mainly be on this novel. You'll keep thinking about it, which is a good thing.

The final arc of the story is probably the best out of all three. It has lots of action (way more then previous 2) and twists that you don't see coming. I seriously thought I would be right about where the story was ending, and then BAM! The author would prove me wrong. The romance fully develops, and will leave the readers with a smile on there face. The writing is top notch, like the other two books. And the questions that you've been having from the previous novels, are finally answered and cleared up for us.

What I didn't like about The Reckoning was it brought up some new issues, and left some answers unexplained or left hanging. For example the whole Royce/Dr.Banks, leaves the readers wondering what happened to them. And wonder about there story further, then already explained. Also there is a threat scene between Chloe & Dr. Banks, which is never fully solved. And I thought that could of been erased/deleted because I felt it a bit unnecessary.

Also for anyone who has read The Reckoning, who is Mr. St. Cloud?

I think this series is great, especially this novel in particular. But it left so many new things hanging. Which made the ending, not do it for me. The ending kind of hinted, that there might be a sequel. But I'm not sure!!! I feel that this story would definitely feel incomplete without one. A few things that I felt were unfinished: Demi-Demon, Rae, Mr. St. Cloud, Royce/Dr. Banks, and what happened to them when all this is finish. I think what the ending was trying to portray is that the story will go in the readers imagination, and I hate those type of endings.

There was more Liz though!!! I was so happy about that :) Liz is awesome!!!

Overall the third & final book in the Darkest Powers trilogy, will not disappoint fans. As a reader, I demand more :)

To Learn More About The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong, then check out Random House Canada!!

To Check Out My Other Reviews: The Summoning, The Awakening

To Buy The Reckoning: Amazon,Amazon CA,Chapters, Barnes & Noble
Yours Truly,


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I may just have to give this series a go at some point. Especially since you really enjoyed the final book and say the romance will leave me with a smile.

Erica said...

I absolutely cannot wait to read this one! I need to get ot a store and buy this. I love this series so much!

briann€a said...

Mr. St. Cloud was mentioned in her other series 'Women of the otherworld' once or twice. Barley

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great review. I have been hearing for awhile now how great this series is. I think I may need to start it this summer. Thanks for the review!

Blueicegal ♥ said...

gosh i need to read the awakening and this one so bad! i read the summoning loved it, and well then never really got to the next one, thanks for the review, ill deffo get back on track :D

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

great review. I should get 2 reading the 1st two! Glad u enjoyed it :D

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

the book seemed kind of rushed to me.....

Anonymous said...

The book seemed kind of rushed to me....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design