Monday, April 5, 2010

Movies That Made You Eager To Read The Books

Have you ever watched a movie, based off a book, and afterwords were dying to read the story. Well that is what happened to me last night. My host sister and I, rented some movies to watch. One of them was Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Now I had seen this movie before, but have been hesitant on watching it. Simply because of the title. But my host sister wanted to watch it, and the guy on the front looked like Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson).There were two things I didn't realize about this movie until the end. 1) Aaron Johnson was the guy!!!! Now I should have realized it was Aaron Johnson, because he is how I pictured Patch (Hush, Hush) to look. I took an interest in this actor, after reading Hush,Hush.
2) This was based off a book. Throughout the whole movie, I was like "This is so awesome, they should have a book!" . Now if you only saw me, when I did find out that this was an adaptation. My I was so happy, and bouncing with joy. I'm like: "In the morning, I'm going to the library!!".

There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"

Fast Forward to today!!! I found out the libraries are all closed because of Easter :( But Chapters was open :) So I stayed up all night (because it's spring vacation, and who sleeps?) and then fell asleep at 6A.M. Then at 5PM, I rushed to Chapters and picked up: Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. I've already read half of it, and I'm loving it. Of course it isn't my typical read, but it is very funny.

Has this ever happen to you? Watched a movie, and wanted to read the book so bad? Please comment, and tell me about your experience :)
Yours Truly,

7 comments:

Nina said...

I read the book, well three in the series, they are so funny!

I had it with Twilight. I serious never heard of the series before and my friend was 'we have to go to that movie'. ( She read it, loved it) So I said; okay. I really thought OMG what is this movie about. Vampires? MMMMMMM. After I saw the movie I had to read the whole series and I did. I loved it.

Diana Dang said...

Lol! You never knew it was a series? It is so popular! I love the first novel but after the second or third, I honestly got tired of it. But enjoy though!

Patricia said...

It happened a bunch of times with Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Princess Diaries, Nicholas Sparks's novels, etc.

Lauren said...

This has absolutely happened to me too, and it was with Bridget Jones's Diary. Maybe there's something about that type of book that translates really well on film?

AnAddictedBookReader said...

I love watching movies then reading the book. I started to read the first book, but had to return it to the library before I finished it. I really want to it again though!

Blueicegal ♥ said...

i saw the movie it was cute and adorable, but there were parts where you couldnt help but cringe, but i laughed throughout, i have no idea about the books, why i havent read the books by now i have no idea, ill see :)

Jess13angel said...

You should definately read the entire Georgia Nicolson series, it's hilarious XD

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design