Saturday, March 27, 2010

Whats in my Mail Box (Wk 13)

Won
In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren! In My Mailbox is a way to share the books you received each week.
THE TRANSFORMATION

Beth has always been “The Beast”—that’s what everyone at school calls her because of her awkward height, facial scars, and thick glasses. Beth’s only friend is geeky, golden-haired Scott. That is, until she’s selected to be her choir’s soprano soloist, and receives the makeover that will change her life forever.

THE LOVE AFFAIR

When Beth’s choir travels to Switzerland, she meets Derek: pale, brooding, totally dreamy. Derek’s untethered passion—for music, and for Beth—leaves her breathless. Because in Derek’s eyes? She’s not The Beast, she’s The Beauty.

THE IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE

When Beth comes home, Scott, her best friend in the world, makes a confession that leaves her completely torn. Should she stand by sweet, steady Scott or follow the dangerous, intense new feelings she has for Derek?

THE HEARTBREAK

The closer Beth gets to Derek, the further away he seems. Then Beth discovers that Derek’s been hiding a dark secret from her …one that could shatter everything.


Thanks to the Bookologist & Angela Morrison for the signed copy.

Bought

Elena Gilbert is alive—again.

When Elena sacrificed herself to save the two vampire brothers who love her—the handsome, brooding Stefan and the sleek and dangerous Damon—she was consigned to a fate beyond death. Until a powerful supernatural force pulled her back.

Now Elena is not just human. She has powers and gifts that were bestowed on her in the afterlife. What's more, her blood pulses with an overwhelming and unique force that makes her irresistible to any vampire.

Stefan wants to find a way to keep Elena safe so that they can make a life together. Damon, however, is driven by an insatiable desire for power, and wants Elena to rule as his princess. When Stefan is lured away from Fell's Church, Damon seizes his chance to convince her that he is the brother she is meant to be with. . . .

But a darkness is infiltrating the town, and Damon, always the hunter, is now the hunted; he becomes the prey of a malevolent creature that can possess him at will, and who desires not just Elena's blood but her death.


I haven't finished the fourth book yet, but I have a urge to read TVD lately. Especially with the t.v series being on.

"Will I never see you again either?" I asked, feeling as though I was about to jump off a high mountain peak and hope to land without hurting myself. That's how impossible everything seemed at that moment, no matter what I did.
"Perhaps we will meet again," Sasha said, softening his voice. "But you must see that it does not matter. You have so much ahead of you. It's your choice now. Choose the future! Choose life!"
For Anastasia Romanov, life as the privileged daughter of Russia's last tsar is about to be torn apart by the bloodshed of revolution. Ousted from the imperial palace when the Bolsheviks seize control of the government, Anastasia and her family are exiled to Siberia. But even while the rebels debate the family's future with agonizing slowness and the threat to their lives grows more menacing, romance quietly blooms between Anastasia and Sasha, a sympathetic young guard she has known since childhood. But will the strength of their love be enough to save Anastasia from a violent death?
Inspired by the mysteries that have long surrounded the last days of the Romanov family, Susanne Dunlap's new novel is a haunting vision of the life?and love story?of Russia's last princess.

I read the first chapter in Chapters, and absolutely loved it. So I bought it :) I'm looking forward to reading this one.

R to L (Japanese Style). "This comic hooked my little sister and me faster than we could say, "Oh no she didn't!" --Becky Cloonan, artist of Demo, AmericanVirgin, and the creator of East Coast RisingMiki Aihara turned the manga world upside down with her salacious, outrageous, and funny hit series. If you think being a teenager is hard, wait until you read Hot Gimmick. Hatsumi's troubles with school, life, and love are so full of twists and turns, it'll make your head spin. With more (love) triangles than you can throw a geometry book at, these Tokyo boys and girls are really messed up!

I love reading manga every now and then, and I absolutely I adore this one.


Unsettling. There’s no better word to describe Miranda Barnes’s ability to hear the cries of the dead, feel the wind move her hair when they run by, and—dare she look into a mirror—see the reflection of a ghostly woman behind her. There’s only one person to turn to for support: Etienne. As sexy as he is mysterious, Miranda can’t help but be drawn to him. He believes her; he wants to help her. But there’s a secret in Etienne’s past, something Miranda’s on the verge of discovering. As paranormal activity escalates, passion grows, and soon Miranda is caught up in both love . . . and tragedy.

I saw this one on The Story Siren's site, and I immediately wanted to read it :)

From The Library
When Miranda Barnes first sees the sleepy town of St. Yvette, Louisiana, with its moss-draped trees, above-ground cemeteries, and her grandfather’s creepy historic home, she realizes that life as she knew it is officially over. Almost immediately, there seems to be something cloying at her. Something lonely and sad and . . . very pressing. Even at school and in the group project she’s been thrown into, she can’t escape it. Whispers when she’s alone, shadows when no one is there to make them, and a distant pleading voice that wakes her from sleep. The other members in Miranda’s group project, especially handsome Etienne, can see that Miranda is in distress. She is beginning to understand that, like her grandfather before her, she has a special gift of communicating with spirits who still walk the town of St. Yvette. And no matter where she turns, Miranda feels bound by their whispered pleas for help . . . unless she can somehow find a way to bring them peace.

This is the first book of the Shadow Mirror book.
Yours Truly,

14 comments:

A.J. said...

Cool, I'm reading Shadow Mirror now! :) I've read Hot Gimmick. Gotta say I liked Subaru & Akane. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow the art for that manga reminds me a little of Eureka Seven which I adored. I need to get my fix of manga I haven't had the chance to read any in a WHILE. I always need to have a lot of hours of spare time before getting started otherwise I can't stop hehe
Enjoy you're bookaroos! ;)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Sing me to sleep looks so good! I'm going to put it on my to read list!! I've also wanted to read Anastasia's secret for a while!! Enjoy your books :)

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Sing Me To Sleep sounds so good! I adore the cover to it. Congrats on a great win :)

Shy said...

I am absolutely thrilled to see that you got Sing Me to Sleep in your mailbox this week. That's one of the book I've always wanted to read despite some not-so-glowing reviews I read lately. Sometimes, poignant stories do work too well for me *lol* Anyways, I really hope you enjoy your books! Happy Sunday!

Darlyn said...

You have to read all the hot gimmick series!i love all the series!yeay!

Emma Michaels said...

congrats!!!!!!! I just finished Night Fall today! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

Congrats on the book win!! I'll have to get my hands on Shadow Mirror, it looks so spooky!

Maria said...

Oh, you've got awesome books :D

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Wow, you got great books this week. Sing me to Sleep and Anastasia's Secret are on my TBR list. Have a great week.

The Book Hour said...

Gosh all your books look so yummy. I loved Anastasia's Secret although the ending... I hadn't heard of Richie Tankersley Cusick before, although I love the very L.J.Smith roses on the cover of Walk of the Spirits. I'm definitely going to go look up those books, I'd like to see what you think of them. Brilliant post this week, thanks. x

StephTheBookworm said...

I won Sing Me to Sleep, too!!! It looks amazing.

Wanda said...

Sing Me to Sleep sounds like an inspiring read and Anastasia's Secret sounds like a great historical fiction find. Gorgeous cover on that Shadow Mirror book!

Lizzy said...

You got a lot of good books this week! Shadow Mirror sounds really interesting. Happy reading

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design