Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Summoning By Kelly Armstrong Review #49

Author: Kelly Armstrong
Publisher: Doubleday Canada
Pages: 400 pages
Rating:

After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home.
At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…

A novel you most certainly can't put down. With a neat plot, interesting characters and a very well written story, you won't regret reading this one. Kelly Armstrong writes a fast pace novel, that by the end of each chapter we'll leave the reader wanting more. The end will have the same affect on you. About a year ago, I bought this story from Chapters but it sat on my TBR pile for a long time. And I feel that is a shame, because this is really good read and I recommend it to anyone.
The only thing that I thought could of been more developed was the description in some areas. It got a bit confusing and I felt lost. But other then that, the book was perfect. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine (which I know are 2 completely different books), which some of you might now is my favorite book series ever.

An Enthralling Read, That Everyone Should Have!!!

Yours Truly,

11 comments:

Dahlia (TheBookShopaholic) said...

I remember really liking this. Great review =)

Erin said...

Great review! I really love this book and the 3rd one needs to come out! :D

Frosy said...

Loved this book!!!!! Can't wait to read the next one...

Nina said...

I heard so many great things about this book, that I really want to read it. I already have this on my tbr list, so I will one day. :)
Thanks for the great review and i'm gladd you liked it.

Maria said...

Great review! I have this book in my bookshelf and I just realised I have to read it soon :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Awesome review!! I have this one on my shelf, I need to read it!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Nice review; very to the point. I enjoyed this one too, though I agree some parts seemed a bit rushed to me and therefore a tad confusing. Hope you enjoy The Awakening! :)

TheBookMogul said...

I have this one to read, Great review.

Jennay and Luke the Pup said...

I still need to read this...actually I still need to buy it. Hopefully soon!

Alyssa Kirk said...

I love this one too! Can't wait for The Reckoning!

Test said...

Awesome review! I love, love, love this series and I can't wait to read the final addition to this trilogy in May.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design