Saturday, March 20, 2010

Whats in my Mail Box (Wk 12) + Blog Award

Bought
In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren! In My Mailbox is a way to share the books you received each week.

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.
I'm like thrilled to read this!! I've been excited for this one, for months.

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected.
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help. For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in history--or at least her family's (very crooked) history.

I've been itching to buy this one, for sometime now. I love the cover (model reminds me of Audrey Hepburn) and have heard great reviews on this one.

For Review
Bianca will risk everything to be with Lucas.
After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas take refuge with Black Cross, a fanatical group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend—the vampire Balthazar—hiding is no longer an option.
Soon, Bianca and Lucas are on the run again, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they travel, Bianca can't escape her destiny.
Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything . . . but can it survive what's to come?

I'm very grateful to have gotten to review this one. It's a awesome book, to check out my review click here!! To check out the contest click here!!

At thirteen-years-old, with an unusually high IQ and a knack for observing things about other people, Lou Bertignac is not only the youngest in her class at school; she is also the most unusual. Painfully shy, she has few friends, save for Lucas, whose company helps her get through each day. At home, Lou's life is also difficult: Her mother hasn't left the house in years and her father spends his days crying in the bathroom. Lou's world is dark and sad... That is, until she meets No.
No is a teenage girl that Lou befriends for the purpose of her school project on homelessness. Despite the different worlds that these two girls come from, a friendship is soon forged between them. Unable to bear the thought of No not having a home or a family to keep her safe, Lou persuades her reluctant parents into letting her new friend stay with the Bertignac family. No's addition to the household forces Lou and her parents to face the sadness that has been enveloping them for so long — but not without some disruptions along the way.

I'm currently reading this one, and it's interesting. Expect my review for it next week some time :)

From Library
You don't have to be alive to be awakened.
Chloe Saunders is a living science experiment—not only can she see ghosts, but she was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. She's a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control, which means she can raise the dead without even trying. Now Chloe's running for her life with three of her supernatural friends—a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch—and they have to find someone who can help them before the Edison Group catches them.
Or die trying.

I will enjoyed the first one, and am thrilled about reading it's sequel.



Book Trailers











Blog Award

I feel so lucky, and happy to receive this award. Thanks so much to Extreme Reader !!!
Here are the rules:
•Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.
•Pass this award onto 5 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic.
•Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won
•State 7 things about yourself
The 7 Things About Me:
1. I'm probably going on a exchange for a year in 2011-2012.
2. I have a huge crush on Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson). I've seen the Percy Jackson movie 2 times, and want to go for a third time.
3. My school day doesn't begin until 10A.M , because I have a free class in first period.
4. I'm a only child, I did have a brother& sister by they passed away when I was 6 & 7 years old.
5. I always seem to have crushes, on guys who already taken :(
6. I'm very, very, very shy
7. I take a University Level, writing class. It's on "Writing Young Adult Literature", I took it because of a very vivid dream I had. I'm the only 16 year old in it.

I pass it on to:
1. Shy @The Bibliophile's Journal
2.Kelly @ Midnight Glance
3. Aina @iRead n iReview
4.Amanda @ Manda's Movements
5. Amelia @Imagination in Focus

Yours Truly,

19 comments:

Eleni said...

Great books this week, enjoy!

Maria said...

I'm dying to read The Body Finder! I hope you enjoy your books :D

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I'm reading Heist Socity right now & love it! The Body Finder looks amazing, I can't wait to read that too :)

Unknown said...

I got The Body Finder too. I can't wait to read it!!! Also can't wait to hear what you think of Heist Society. Enjoy!

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

awesome books! TBF! i got that one 2! Can't wait 2 start it :D
Hope u enjoy them!
Happy reading!

RaĆ­la said...

I'm also very, very shy. I also have Heist Society on my mailbox and have already ordered The Body Finder! I can't wait to read it. I hope you like all of these books :-)

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great books this week! I LOVED The Body Finder. I hope you enjoy it. I also want to read the Heist Society....I'll keep my eye out for your review!

Sarah said...

Great selection of books this week! I really want to read The Body Finder :o)

Hope you have a great week!

brizmus said...

COngrats on your award. And on your absolutely AWESOME books this week! No and Me looks super cool, and I've been meaning to buy the books you bought as well. :-)

Manda said...

Can't wait to read your views on Heist Society. Been thinking about getting it but haven't taken the step yet. The Body Finder looks awesome! Here's what I got

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Heist society looks awesome!

Unknown said...

awesome haul you're got there! =)))

congrats on the award and I've got an award for you at my blog! =)

http://www.larissaslife.com/2010/03/previously-on-larissas-life-5-350.html

=)))

Manda said...

Oooh my first award! Thanks so much!!

Natalie said...

I'm glad you liked Hourglass too! For me, it was the best book so far in the series. And I can't wait to hear what you think of The Body Finder. So far, it seems like everyone's been raving about it. I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet, but I plan to soon. Have a good week! :)

Nina said...

You got a great week ahead of you. Very nice books! I cant wait to read all of your reviews. :)

Anonymous said...

Heist Society is really good and I hope you enjoy it!

StephTheBookworm said...

Great list of facts about yourself! I'm also very shy. Good luck in your writing class! It sounds awesome.

Erica said...

Hourglass and Heist society look awesome! The Body Finder and The Awakening are both absolutely amazing.

Aina Yasmin said...

OMG!
Great books!
And thanks for the award!
:))

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design