Monday, December 7, 2009

Whats in my Mail Box (Wk 4) *a bit late*

Whats in my Mailbox was inspired by The Story Siren !! It's where we share new books we got each week, if you would like to join in the fun then please visit her website.

Bought

So anyone who lives in Canada knows that we have a grey cup, once a year. It's the final game of the foot ball season, it's the championship. Anyways seeing as I'm not a big football fan, and knowing the roads and stores will be totally cleared of people, I decided to go to my local Chapters. I had a feeling that I should go to Chapters for some odd reason, so I went. And boy am I glad I went, I found Beautiful Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. And get this, this book wasn't suppose to be out for another week *at the time I went*. I immediately recongize the cover when I saw it and thought I was dreaming, because I really really wanted to read this. So I picked it up, and it was real and I was so happy. This book has been getting major attention. :)

There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. There was a curse. There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave. Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever. Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


My mom is so going to kill me if she finds out I'm turning into a vampire...

Okay, so technically she can't because I'm immortal. Well, not yet. See, due to the worst case of mistaken identity with my dark-side-loving twin sister at a Goth hangout called Club Fang, Magnus, a vampire hottie, went for my innocent neck instead of hers. Now, if I don't reverse it in time, Magnus will be my blood mate forever and I'm doomed to be a blood-gulping, pasty, daylight-hating vampire. Believe me, it seriously bites!After the unfortunate slaying of the vampire leader, it's up to me, my sister, and Magnus to find the one thing that can solve my problem--the Holy Grail. No joke. I seriously hope I can get out of this on time because, somehow, I scored the hottest prom date in my school, the mouth-watering Jake Wilder. And I do NOT want to be a vampire for the prom--let alone the rest of eternity.



1 comments:

Kirthi said...

I love it when book are released before their release date. I always pinch myself before buying them :D

The vampire book sounds wonderful, the main character actually DOESN'T want to get bitten (unlike Bella in Twilight. Another book where vampires are portrayed as "evil" :)
Happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design