Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vampire Kisses Book 6,Royal Blood By Ellen Schreiber Review #28

Author: Ellen Schreiber
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Pages: 208
Rating:
Summer break is over, and Raven is hardly eager to be returning to Dullsville High. Not only does school mean daily interaction with preppy pest Trevor Mitchell, but her sleep-filled days and romantic nights with her immortal boyfriend, Alexander, must come to an end. Plus the shock of morning classes isn't the only change in store.

An unexpected letter turns up at Alexander's mansion—announcing his parents will be coming to town. And once they arrive, just about everyone has had a sighting of the macabre couple except Raven. What could be delaying Alexander from introducing Raven to them? Could Alexander be hiding something about his parents' homecoming?

When Raven is finally invited to the most thrilling dinner party of her life, the next turn of events could transform her entire future with Alexander. The sixth book in Ellen Schreiber's bestselling Vampire Kisses series takes an unusual twist in the continuing romance of Raven and Alexander.

Having read all other five books in Ellen Schreiber's popular series, and still reading it must say a lot of how I think about the series. I love the Vampire Kisses series. All the books in the series are a quick, simple read and you don't have to ponder on and on afterwords. Raven is a very strong character who any female (whether your goth or not) can look up to. Ellen Schreiber's writing style keeps you reading the whole thing through. While reading any of the Vampire Kisses book, you'll feel like your watching a movie. Also the series is very humoress , making it not to dark or complicated which is nice. It also is the type of series that follows the traditional vampire myth. Blood Royal, was no exception. Every Vampire Kisses book is good, I don't know of one book in the series where I have disliked it. I don't have much to say, because I really love the series.
What I don't like..... Is that all the books in the series are short. Only 200 or less pages. It isn't just a quick read because it's short, it's very fast paste. I wish that they were longer, because when I finish one I always crave the next. Then I find out the next book isn't release for another year.
Also it's that all the books in the series have the same plot except changed around with new characters. This is generally not a problem, because you love the books but I really wish there was a different plot. Instead of someone new coming to town and disrupting Alexander's and Raven's relationship.
What I noticed.... is that, maybe this is just because it's the 6th book in, the emotion is lacking. Same with charcter development. I could be wrong about the character development (because I haven't read the other books in a while). I feel that Raven is still the same as she was at the beginning of the first book. Maybe she's developed from being lonely to happy, or realizing that she's loyal to herself. I don't know, I feel that it's sort of vague. It's the same with emotion. The description in the book is vague, but you don't really need it since you can imagine the town and places real easily. The emotion in the first book was really well done, you really did feel what Raven felt. But in this book, I didn't feel anything. I just kind of read through it and yah. I laugh in parts, but that was it. Also I thought that Alexander's parents could have been developed more.
In all... it was a excellent, quick read that I recommend to anyone. Even if you hate vampire-type books. This book and book number 5, are really just stand alones. Which I don't mind to much, but I would like if the author would go back to story arcs like the first 4 books in the series. Anyways till next time,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review! This book series sounds pretty good and I've been meaning to pick it up. Thanks for the honesty!

Alyssa Kirk said...

This is a fun series but, yes, would like to stories to be more developed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design