Friday, October 23, 2009

Morganville Vampire Series Book 1-4 Review #17



Author: Rachel Caine
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pages: .... depends on book
Rating: *basing this on the whole series so far*
When 16-year-old Claire Danvers arrives in the sleepy Texas town of Morganville for a parentally-enforced year at Texas Prairie University before heading off to MIT, her life takes a turn for the scary. First, the mean girls come after her, but a quick life-saving move to off-campus housing fixes that problem, and introduces her to three new friends: teen rocker Michael Glass, Goth Eve Rosser, and hottie/slacker Shane Collins.

But Morganville's got more secrets to reveal, starting with one very big one:

It's run by vampires.

The books in order:
Glass Houses
The Dead Girls' Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
(The Biography is from Rachel Caine's Website)

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast paced and has wonderful description. My best friend, who hates reading and vampires, somehow adores this series as well. Also what I love about the main protagonist is she isn't your damsel in distress and when she's in trouble she figures it out by herself.
The storyline is very appealing and different then most vampire books out there right now, and in this story the human doesn't fall in love with the vampires because most of the vampires in Morganville are evil. Very few are good. My favorite character besides Shane and Claire is Myrinn. He is so darn funny and unpredictable. Also the romance portion of the book between Shane and Claire is nicely developed throughout the series, as well as Eve's and Micheal's romance. The only bad thing about this series is it always leaves you off with a cliffhanger which if you don't have the next book in your hands you'll go crazy trying to figure out whats going to happen next. Also the only book that was slow paced out of all of them was the fourth book, Feast Of Fools but it does pick up by the ending. My favorite ending of all time of a book was in Midnight Alley and my favorite book so far in the series is Dead girls Dance. I highly reccomend this series as it's well done and I gaurentee you'll like it.

1 comments:

Kirthi said...

i'd like you to know that you got an award on my blog :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design