Friday, May 22, 2009

Evermore (First Book In Immortal Series) ----Book Review #6


Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Ratings:

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, here their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school---but everything changes when she meets Damen Aguste. Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head---wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is----or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him. (From The back of the book, Evermore By Alyson Noel)


I really, really, really, loved this book. It was very fast paced and I didn't get bored with it. I've read mixed reviews and this book and have doubts about reading it myself but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. The characters are very realistic, well almost realistic. It does have similartys to Twilight (gorgeous guy, girl trying to kill girl,ect) but what I notice that the books difer is a) Twilight was a bit to slow and dragged in parts *my opinion* and b) Even though both are narrated by the main protagaonist *aka Bella/Ever*, Ever is not totally obbessed with Damen and even resists him at times. I found Ever to be more realistic then Bella. Bella is a bit to obbessed and clingly and I bet Ever could live without Damen but Bella really couldn't. I know this sounds bad and I'm not trying to get "twilight fans" mad but it's just what I noticed. A lot of people have compared this book and I have seen the similaties but I find one a bit more realistic then the other. I enjoyed Twilight, I've seen the more, but I liked Evermore better. Anyways the story is well written *reminds me of how I write stories*, very fun to read, and will have you craving for more. I didn't hate anything really. I really recommend this, and I'm very excited to read the sequel. This is my first book that has gotten : Maura's Choice (Which is like five stars). Anyways here's the book trailer:


3 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Great review! I really need to read this, as I'm sue I'll love it. How cool is the cover?! :)

Monster of Books said...

The cover is definitely what attracted me to this book, it does catch your eyes right away. I loved to hear what you think of it when you do get the time to read it XD Thanks for the comment.

Kelly said...

Ooh, it sounds great! Adding to my list now. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design