Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes ----- Book Review #5


Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Rating:

For the past two years, Bailey Morgan has lived a double life: high school student by day, ancient mystical being by night. As the third Fate, Bailey literally controls the destiny of the world, but as Plain Old Bailey, she sees her life falling apart. She's got a tattoo that was supposed to be temporary but isn't, friendship that were supposed to last forever but might not, and no idea what her future holds after graduation. Then Bailey meets the rest of the Sidhe, an ancient race defined by power, beauty, and a sinister habit of getting what they want at any cost. Before Bailey knows it, she's drawn into an Otherworldly web more complicated than anything she weaves as a mortal Fate. Senior year is a time for choices. A time for temptation. A time for Bailey Morgan to figure out, once and for all, who and what she wants to be. Or does she really have any choice in the matter at all? (From The Back Of The Book, Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes)


I recommend for anyone who wishes to read this to read the first book, Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This book was fairly good. Their was only one real fault to it in my opinion. But I'll talk about that later. First I would like to say that Jennifer did an amazing job in this sequel it just as good as Tattoo in the fact that the characters are well described and the dialog is well written. Tattoo was a interesting book that was a real page turner and I was happy to read a sequel and have the four best friends continue their journey of otherwordly events. Even though they've grown up I can still picture them as I did two years ago when I read Tattoo. Even though it's been Tattoo I still have their first book adventure in my mind (this shows you how one book can really stick with you if it's well described or well written). Now the fault with this book is that I found the love realtionship between Bailey and Alec not really developed good enough. It wasn't that it was two rushed it was more like it didn't have enough time to develop. So by the end of the book it not developed enough *in my opinion* which left a really not-so-great-ending. I found reading this book was very hard to read at times and I couldn't finish it in one sitting. It took me a week to read this book. I found I read a bit slower so I could understand what was going on. Why I recommend for people to read the first book first is because even though I read the original I still have forgotten things which are mention in here and aren't completely explain and can seem confusing. They were to me. Anyways on my scale this book deserves a 3 star rating. Don't get me wrong this was a absolutely good sequel for such a well done book like Tattoo. Next book review is Evermore.

1 comments:

Shweta said...

I read Tattoo recently and loved it. Hope to get to this one soon. Nice review

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design