Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts & That what HE said

(Image comes from Goodreads)
"I bit into the strawberry tart. It was so sweet and the dough was so flaky, every millimeter of my mouth was engaged, taking over the rest of my senses entirely. I didn't mean to make the little moan, but it was by far the best thing I had ever tasted. I took another bite before I ever swallowed the first."
Pg. 135 , The Selection by Kiera Cass

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts is a meme hosted by (un) Conventional Bookviews   ! On Thursdays we post a quote, containing to food, from a recent read.

That what HE said
"'Speaking of which!' he said a bit louder.'If you don't want me to be in love with you, you're going to have to stop looking so lovely. First thing tomorrow I'm having your maids sew some potato sacks together for you.'
I hit his arm. 'Shut up, Maxon.'
'I'm not kidding. You're too beautiful for your own good. Once you leave, we'll have to send some of the guards with you. You'll never survive on your own, poor thing.' He said all this with mock pity."
Pg. 251, The Selection by Kiera Cass

The what HE said is a meme hosted by Chapter Break.   

3 comments:

Rin said...

Oh, The Selection series. My best friend read this and I still have to borrow her paperbacks. ;)

Rin @ Hiding Under The Sheets

Monster of Books said...

@Rin Abelgas They're quite addicting haha

Julie S said...

Cute quote, potato sacks haha ;) Thanks for linking up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design