Saturday, April 25, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (2): April 25th, 2015

(Image from Tynga's Reviews)
"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"-Hosted & Quoted By: Tynga's Review
"Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea. America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide. Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending." Image & Quote from Kiera Cass's Website
Thoughts: The Selection was very addicting and I am looking forward to reading The Elite. I am in love with all the covers of this series :) So gorgeous.
"When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control. Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones. When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents. When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living." Quote & Image from Goodreads
Thoughts: I saw the "Book Plot Judging" video by polandbananas on youtube. The Darkest Minds is briefly talked about and I immediately liked the sound of it. This past week, while visiting my local book store, I picked it up and read the first few chapters (without looking at the synopsis). THIS BOOK IS SO AMAZING & ADDICTING!!! Why did it take me this long to find it!?

24 comments:

Daniela Ark @ BOOKIVERSE (www.danielaark.com) said...

Hi Maura, first time here via Stacking the Shelves. Love the two books you added to your list. You are right the cover is beautiful. So is your blog. Thanks for visiting. Happy reading!

Lekeisha said...

You reminded me that I need to read Darkest Minds.Ive had it since Christmas! Enjoy your books@

Krystianna said...

Great haul this week! I've wanted to check out The Darkest Minds for a while now but I still haven't purchased a copy. Everyone seems to love it! Same with the Elite. The Selection was my favorite book of 2012 but I still haven't bought the sequels... Happy reading! :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Alyssa said...

LOVE Bracken's books! Cass's, not so much. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

Ah, I didn't love The Selection, but I have The Elite and I'm hoping to read it soon. :D LOVED The Darkest Minds, and I'm glad you thought the first few chapters were great. ;)

Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

Melliane said...

I heard great things about these books, I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Darkest Minds sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. :)

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

I've been eying The Darkest Minds for a while, Maura, and I hope you'll enjoy both that and your other new book.
Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Stacey Brutger said...

I loved The Darkest Minds. Sucked me right into the story. I have not read the Elite.

I hope you enjoy your books!

Ali @ Ali's Books said...

I loved the Elite series! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. I don't own the books yet, but they are definitely on my wish list!! Thanks for stopping by my STS! :)

Jacque said...

Nice Haul!! I've read The Elite and The One and really enjoyed the series. I can't wait for the upcoming release of The Heir.

I hope you enjoy your new books and thanks for stopping by my STS!!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I love the darkest minds series. :)

Unknown said...

Great books for you this week! I have been on vacation and recently moved so I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Britt @ Spare Time Book blog

Cristina @ Girl in the Pages said...

I love the covers of the Selection series too! However, I found the Elite to be the weakest in the trilogy (it focuses a lot on the love triangle aspect). It was definitely worth reading though, and I'm glad I got through it because I enjoyed how it ended in The One and I'm excited for The Heir.

Ailsa said...

I haven't read the Darkest Minds series but I've seen it around a lot. Enjoy your books :)

~Ailsa @ The Book Bundle
My StS

Unknown said...

I liked The Elite, it was a good middle book for the series. Happy reading!

Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight said...

Ohh, very nice book additions! I haven't read The Selection yet, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed it, because I bought all 3 books ;) And The Darkest Minds is good- the characters in that series are AMAZING. I hope you love all the books, and have a great week!

Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

I really need to start the Selection series.

Sara L. said...

Very nice! I actually haven't read either series yet... Not sure if The Selection appeals to me enough to convince me to read it, but The Darkest Minds sounds really cool. I might have to check that one out.

Genesis Sheli said...

I really want to read TDM but my TBR keeps building up so I can't keep adding more books haha. Enjoy your haul!

Ayanami Faerudo said...

I have yet to read The Selection series. On the other hand, I loved The Darkest Minds.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I need to get round to reading Alexandra Bracken's work! I've been eyeing it for ages. Hope you enjoy!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I have The Darkest Minds, but haven't read it yet. I've heard nothing but good things, so I have no excuse for not picking it up yet. I hope you enjoy your new reads!

Christina / Book Addict said...

Awesome books! I loved The Selection series...one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Enjoy your books!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design