Thursday, December 2, 2010

Paranormalcy By Kiersten White Review #67

0Author: Kiersten White
Publisher: Tween
Pages: 352
Source: Amazon Kindle
Available: Now
Rating:

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
Quick Note: School. Life. Host Sister. Next Year. Has taken over my life. I apologize and I'm trying my best to kept up with reviewing. Wow can't believe my last review was in August :(

Review: Wow 2 words: Freakin Amazing (well one out of two isn't actually a word but who cares). Ms. White can you please tell me your secret to making an amazing plot combine with great characters and lots of fun. Let me tell you I never thought a bunch of different supernatural creatures could fit into a novel until I read Paranormalcy , which by the way I totally recommend. I will admit I was very hesitant to start to this book for some odd reason. I guess everyone has been saying so much good things about it and I was afraid that I wouldn't feel the same way, but I totally regret waiting cause it's an awesome book.

Evie is your typical girl, well not really. She 16, can see through paranormal glamors, lives inside the Paranormal Agency, has a best friend who is a mermaid and has a faerie trying to steal her heart. Add 2 hot looking guys, a few good plot twists and an end that will have you craving for more and you've got Paranormalcy.

I loved how unique Evie was. She wasn't afraid to wear different fashions and be outgoing with people she meets. Even though she is in a tough situation she does her best to stick through it till the end which makes her a strong female lead. Evie is the type of girl who loves pink and watching her favorite teen drama show known as Easton Heights. She is the girly girl, which usually isn't my cup of teen but somehow I enjoyed her being that way. I also enjoyed seeing her out in the open, in the real world, and how excited she got about the littlest of things. An example of this is a locker (read and you'll understand).

My favorite character was Reth. I was so excited whenever he appeared. He so sexy, dangerous, controlling and unaware of human interaction. I won't say much about him since that would spoil the plot, but I'm excited to see him in the next book.

Lend is another male lead who swoon's Evie's heart. I love the name, lol. It's so original and different.

I'm at a cross as to whether I'm Team Reth or Team Lend. I'm kind of a bit of both.

The only thing that bother me in the novel was that some of the dialogue was a bit unrealistic. But other then that, it was all good.

I'm super excited for Supernaturally, which is book 2 of this series. I have a lot of questions and I can't wait to find out the answers in the next book. If your looking for a good supernatural read then I definitely pick Paranormalcy.
Yours Truly,

3 comments:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I've seen good reviews like yours and then I've seen some not so great ones, but I think I'm just going to have to get this book. It sounds right up my alley!

Unknown said...

Great review! I have this one in my TBR, hope to get to it as soon as possible, it sounds awesome! =D

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Ahhh... I read the first few lines of your review. I'm going to read this one soon so I didnt want to go further!! I am super excited. Thx for the review!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design