Monday, September 14, 2009

Ever Night Book 1 Review #11

Author: Claudia Gray
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 352 pages
Rating:
When the story begins in
Evernight, Bianca has just left the small town where she's spent her whole life. She's a new student at Evernight Academy, a creepily Gothic boarding school where her classmates are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.Then she meets Lucas, another loner, who seems fiercely determined not to be the "Evernight type." There's a connection between Bianca and Lucas that can't be denied. She would risk anything to be with him—but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart... and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed to be true.

I must say that I absolutely adored this book. It was the first book where I actually could relate to the main character. Me and Bianca are very similar so it was nice reading something and then picturing me in that situation. Anyways the book was amazing and I would definitely would recommend it. It isn't the fastest book *in my opinion* but it isn't boring either. I must also applaud Claudia Gray for making some fantastic plot twists. Sadly I read some parts ahead so I kind of realized them before I read the book. It was a bit disappointing but It made me look at her writer more carefully while reading. It was seriously well done and written. It's fabulous work for a debut in my opinion. Of course not all the subjects are covered in the first book, but I bet they'll continue in the second book: "Stargazer" which I'm excited and looking forward to reading. I don't have any complaints about this story. It was well written, great plot twists, not boring, and had some great,funny dialogue. The only thing I would ever think of suggesting is making the chapters a bit shorter. I hate reading long chapters, but that's just my thought. Anyways I hope you enjoyed my latest review and you'll go read this amazing book by Claudia Gray.

(Thanks To Claudia Gray website for the bio and to Pachuvachuva for the Maura's Choice buttons XD)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maura!

Glad you like the buttons. And I'm glad to have read a new review from you. Looking forward to the next one. ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design