Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Blue Moon: The Immortal Series Book 2" By Alyson Noel Review #12

Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 304 (paperback)
Rating:
In the second installment, Ever can bring her family back from the dead-but only if she's willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself. Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's are fading-stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life. Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, uncovering not only the secrets of Damen's past-the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden-but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them-or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day... (From Amazon.ca)
Woah I didn't realize that The Immortal Series has the same publisher as Evernight. Interesting!!! Ok now back to what should of been a good opener. This was a SUPERBER sequel. Oh My God!!! It was just as good as the first, maybe even better. I wasn't bored with it that for sure. By the way, I know this review is like two month late. I bought This book in July and read haft of it on the way back from Japan but never finished it and then all of August I was busy so I recently just finished it. I'm sorry. But OMG, it was amazing. I can't wait for Shadowland. What Can I say, it was fast pasted, well written and had a good plot. I loved her new character Roman. I also loved the dialog. Ever is a very believable character and that something that most people, I would think, would like. I mean Ever is probably a character we can all relate to in some way. I don't have any complaints really about this book. The only thing that made me make this a four stars instead of a "Maura's Choice" is because the book can be a bit confusing at times. I mean Ever will be in Summerland one minute and then she'll be back in the real world again and your like: "How in the hell did she just get back!!" and that makes the book a bit confusing at times. But other then that I must say this was probably, in my opinion one of the best sequels I've read of all time. I defiently recommend people who have read the first book and haven't read the second one to read it. And for those who haven't read this series then I most defiently recommend you to read this series. Well Thats Alll I can say for now .Check back for my next review XD


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design