Monday, May 4, 2009

Wondrous Strange By Lesley Livingston ---- Review #2

Author:Lesley Livingston
Publisher:Harper Trophy Canada, 2008
Ratings:
For seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow, faeries are just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery, whose steel-gray eyes mask an equally steely determination to protect her.

Sonny guards the Samhain Gate, which connects the mortal realm with the Faerie's enchanted, dangerous Otherworld. Usually kept shut by order of icy King Auberon, the Gate stands open but once a year.

This year, as the time approaches when the Samhain Gate will swing wide and nightmarish Fae will fight their way into an unsuspecting human world, something different is happening . . . something wondrous and strange. And Kelley's eyes are opening not just to the Faerie that surround her but to the heritage that awaits her. Now Kelley must navigate deadly Faerie treachery, and her growing feelings for Sonny.
(From Amazon.ca)


For a debut novel it was good, I enjoyed the story and how it was planned out. In my honest opinion I've never read a story like this and how Lesley Livingston made it turn out. I've read a bunch of faerie books in my life, but none like this so that was a bonus. I enjoyed the adventure and stuff but what really bothered me about this book, sorry to do the complaining first, was that the characters weren't really developed good enough in my opinion. I mean by the end of the story I couldn't really tell you one personality trait about Sonny or Kelly other then Sarcasm and easily fooled. I also felt the love was a bit too rushed. Maybe I'll have a better sense of the characters in the second novel, because this is a trilogy. I mean don't get me wrong I didn't hate this book I enjoyed it, or loved it, but this one thing bothered me throughout haft of the book.I think Lesley left the book off in a good place and will have readers itching for more. The author is very good with making plot twists and little surprises in the book that you'll never guess from the beginning. She writes with words that will attract readers and keep them reading till the very end. Parts of the book are a bit slow whereas other parts aren't. Some of the stuff happening was a bit too rushed and made me confused. (Ex; introduction of the Janus Guards and the story on the merry-go-round) I think anyone whose looking for fantasy, faeries ,adventure, and romance should read this book. I don't think Lesley Livingston's book will disappoint readers who are wanting to read this or are looking for a new book to read. The author did Awesome on her debut novel. I'm most honestly looking forward to the sequel of Wondrous strange.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design