Monday, May 4, 2015

Musing Mondays - May 4th, 2015

(Image from A Daily Rhythm

Musing Mondays is a meme created by A Daily Rhythm in which we chose& answer a prompt and then answer a random question of the week. 

I'm Currently Reading:


This Weeks Random Question
What would you do if you wanted to buy a book for someone, but didn’t know what they like to read? Would you ask them? Would you choose something you, yourself, like? How would you go about buying them something?
I am more of a gift-card-kind-of girl when it comes to giving book-related gifts. I never know what people want (unless they have blatantly told me) , or if they already own (or have read) a certain book. I also rather borrow out books I like instead of buy them for other people in case they are not as fond as them as I am.

How would you guys answer this question??


2 comments:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I've been wanting to read Darkest Mind for ages, I hope you love it!
I definitely give books to people for gifts, but I'll ask what genre and other books they like and see if there's something similar I've read and think they'll like.
Awesome post! :)

Rachel said...

Ohhh, that's hard! It depends on the person, I suppose. In most cases, though, I know the people I'd buy a book for don't buy too many books themselves, so their already having a book isn't likely. I like to go by their interests and what I know they've read and liked.

I neeeeeed to read The Darkest Minds! I've heard it's awesome!

Rachel @ Paper Cuts

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design