Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Seriously...I'm Kidding By Ellen Degeneres Review # 79

Author:Ellen DeGeneres
Publisher:Grand Central Publishing (Hachette Book Group)
Pages:241
Source: Chapters
Rating: 5/5
Welcome to my third book. Inside this book you will find an assortment of wonderful things--words,pictures,advice,tidbits,morsels,shenanigans,and,in some copies,four hundred dollars cash. So you might want to buy a few. I'm so happy you're holding this book in your hands right now and reading its jacket or flap or whatever you want to call this little extra part of the book. Jackcap or Flacket or Flapjacket. Whatever,really. I don't have enough room on this flapjacket to tell you all the reasons why you should buy this book, but I can tell you this and it's a guarantee: If you buy it, you will feel better, look better, be happier, grow taller, lose weight, get a promotion at work, have shinier hair, and fall madly, deeply in love. And as an added bonus feature I'd like to point out that this flapjacket doubles as a bookmark. So you're paying for a book and you're getting a bookmark absolutely free. Where else are you going to find that kind of deal? Now, before you begin reading, you you'd like to learn more about me please turn to the back flap. (Back flap sounds weird, doesn't it? The more you say it the more it sounds like something you try to get rid of through exercise and eating right. Anyway, please read on.)

Ellen Degeneres is the only person in this entire world who can constantly self promote herself without looking or sounding self centre. Ms. Degeneres happy, carefree, determine and funny personality always shine through with whatever project she doing. Whether that is hosting her talk show, The Ellen Degeneres Show, or writing   her own humorous novel. Ellen's goal has always been to make other smile and that is no different with her novels (she already has three under her belt).

In Seriously...I'm Kiding  she takes something serious as her own life and turns into a humorous adventure.Unlike other books she doesn't have a dramatic beginning and climax. No! She just writes about random things (or thoughts) in her life. It's one giant laugh fest. Or a better way of putting it: It's her talk show in book format. As I read this book I could not help but feel Ellen Degeneres was sitting in my living room beside me. She was right there. Beside me. Talking as if I were her best friend.

She may be a celebrity but Ellen's genuine self always shine through. Ellen Degeneres is loveable and whether your reading her book or watching her show you cannot help but feel as if she is your next door neighbour. She motivates her readers and audience to another level. I, as a reader, could not help but feel refresh after reading this book.

This was an awesome read. I did not once get dulled by it and finished it within a few hours. Lately, since returning from Taiwan, I have been in a reading funk. However after reading this novel I am motivated to read again.

Yours Truly,

3 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice! I really want to read this one. I do love Ellen, though I haven't (for some reason!!!) read any of her books yet. She really is one of the few self-promoters that can do so without being
annoying. It's her charm. :)

welcome back by the way.

-Lauren

Alison Can Read said...

I've never read anything by Ellen, but I think she's hilarious. I bet I'd enjoy this book.

Local SEO Houston said...

This is on my "to read" list. Sometimes you just need a light hearted read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design