Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cathy's Key *Sequel Cathy's Book* Book Review #15

Author:Sean Stewart&Jordan Weisman
Publisher:Perseus Books Group
Pages: 211
Rating:
Cathy was your average high school student--doodling in the margins of her journal, crushing on a cute boy, and hanging out with her best friend Emma. As this story begins, she's trying to keep a job, her journal is stolen, the cute boy is not who he seems to be, and even Emma's side project/start-up company, Doubletalk Wireless, is about to get caught up in the mystery surrounding Cathy and her search for the truth about her father. Her presumed-dead father. It's just a simple story really: Girl loves Boy, Boy disappears, Girl discovers secret that will alter the course of humanity....
This is the first book I was able to read in one sitting. I stayed up all night reading this. I didn't stop. I just read and read, didn't stop. It never once got boring, it was fast pace, and it felt like I was watching a movie. I'm not doing a review on the first book in the series, Cathy's Book, because I don't have it anymore and I don't remember much. At first, before reading this, I was worried that I wouldn't remember the storyline or wouldn't be able to follow along but the authors did a wonderful job of recapping and the whole story was easy to follow along. The ending will make you want to read the next one ASAP. The book also is very unique because they give you items inside the book which are evidence and your able to phone the characters, check their voice mail, e-mail them, go to websites the characters visit, see pictures, birth certificates, Chinese coins, ect; It's just wonderful book that will have you on feet the whole time. The characters are lovable. My favorites are Cathy, Emma, and Jewel. I can definitely see anyone making this into a movie. Also every page has doodles in it which makes it more fun and unique to read. It is written in a story/diary like way and I know the readers will enjoy that. I don't really have any complaints about this book it was amazing and having items inside made it even more fun. All I can say if you haven't read this yet then go, go, go to the bookstore and buy it. Remember Cathy's Book is the first one, Cathy's Key is the sequel, and Cathy's Ring is the thrid and current book out right now. Anyways I love it XD.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design