Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Wings by Aprilynne Pike Book Review #9"

Author: Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: Harper Teen
Ratings:
Bio:Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.(From Barnes And Noble)

So what do I think about this book? What's my opinion, feedback? Well even though probably the whole entire book reviewing community has already reviewed this I decided it was my time to step in and put my thoughts in. So when did I finish this book? In June? Why didn't you review? Because I was lazy and I really don't have much to say. So get on with it already,man....OK!! I didn't like this book until the end. It didn't get interesting til the end is what I'm trying to say. The Characters were to hard to imagine, and too unrealistic. The conversations were just not right. David is to kind and to unrealistic, I can't imagine a guy like him existing. He's too...perfect with his kindness. Tamani was the only character I was interested in. The villains were to easy and easy to predict. I can't see how anyone can compare this to Twilight, first of All David is nothing like Edward, same goes for Tamani as Jacob or Edward. Don't get me wrong it's a amazing idea and is good debut novel but I thought it could of been better and a bit more interesting. It was to slow at times and really there were some chapters that could of been cut out. The writing is a bit hard to vision at times but other then that It's a ok book that a good debut novel. I didn't start liking this book til the end. I'm anticipating the sequel to this, but hoping that it's better. The goods were Tamani....thats all I can think of at the movie. Good Debut Novel though, I'll give Aprilynne Pike credit on that.

2 comments:

Kirthi said...

it sounds really interesting, but the title is so un creative. I've heard of a laod of books with a similiar title.

Wings, E.D. Baker

Kelly said...

I've seen this one in the library, and I was curious about it. But with my TBR list and your review, I think I might wait and see how the 2nd one is received before investing time in the first book! Thanks for the review, it helps me prioritize my reading. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design